Area IV Young Riders Midsouth Team
Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge is a destination event located at the Kentucky Horse Park in late October. It is a unique competition environment that attracts competitors from the Midwest as well as the East Coast. Riders compete as a team as well as individuals. Each rider from a team is placed in a different division and will ride dressage under a different judge, in a different arena simultaneously with his/her team members. Team members will run cross country and show jump consecutively as well. Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge encourages stall decorations, matching fun team apparel and generates camaraderie.
Area IV Young Riders will select riders at BN, Novice, Training and Preliminary levels to represent Area IV at the Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge. Interested riders will be required to submit an application, 1 letter of reference and meet requirements in order to represent Area IV.
Riders who represent Area IV Young Riders at Midsouth will receive Area IV Young Rider apparel and saddle pads. Their entry and stabling for Hagyard Midsouth will be paid by the Area IV Young Rider program. Riders will be responsible for their travel expenses and any additional stabling.
Please be aware that Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge traditionally fills on opening date. We cannot guarantee that the Area IV YR Teams will be accepted, however we will submit all entries together to improve our chances.
To promote camaraderie among Area IV youth and to give junior/young riders the opportunity to represent Area IV in a team atmosphere. The Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge can be used as a stepping stone for future NAJYRC competitors, and also as a competitive goal for individuals whose goals do not include competing at the upper levels of the sport.
A selection committee who will choose team members to represent Area IV at each of competition (BN, Novice, Training, Preliminary). Team members will be chosen based upon the following criteria:
1. Application submitted by August 5th, 2018
2. A minimum of 2 competitions within the 2017 and 2018 calendar years
3. USEA member, USEA Area IV Young Rider member. Horse USEA registered
4. Performance history; Pairs with the most successful and consistent competition results
5. Recommendation from current instructor, clinician, &/or USEA official. Minimum 1
6. Earn a minimum of $500 in fundraising for the Young Rider Program by August 15th, 2018
7. Riders will NOT be named to a team if fundraising requirements have not been met and received in full by August 15th, 2018.