Area IV Young Rider Virtual Teams
Purpose: To promote camaraderie among Area IV youth , to encourage the next generation to develop the habit of contributing to our sport through volunteer efforts and to encourage continuing education by providing our youth the opportunity to earn Year End Awards through combined competition, volunteer, fundraising, marketing and educational avenues.
Method: Teams of 4 Young Riders will earn points throughout the 2017 competition season through volunteer efforts, competition result, fundraising, instructional clinics and social media marketing. Teams are randomly drawn prior to the first Area IV USEA recognized event and will be published.
Young Rider members are required to earn 10 volunteer hours per year at approved Young Rider activities to be eligible for Virtual Team awards. Young Rider members may elect to earn their volunteer hours by raising financial contributions to the YR Program: $25 donation = 1 volunteer hour
Team entries closed May 1st, 2017 Application
Virtual Teams Scoring:
- In addition to the approved volunteer hours described above; each Team member must complete at least 3 USEA recognized horse trials OR volunteer an additional 12 hours at an Area IV horse trial or Area IV schooling horse trial to be eligible for awards.
- Each team member is required to submit their USEA recognized competition results directly to the Virtual Teams Coordinator.
Each horse/rider combination will earn points based upon the following point system:
1st: 30 2nd:25 3rd: 20 4th: 15 5th: 10 6th: 5
In addition to the points above, each horse/rider will earn 1 point for each horse they finished ahead of in their division.
Example: Finishing 10th of 20 starters earns 10 points.
- Team members will earn 5 points for each volunteer hour provided to a USEA recognized horse trial or USEA Affiliate. Examples include Mid-America Combined Training Association, Queeny Park Equestrian Events, Illinois Dressage and Combined Training Association. Volunteer hour form to be signed by volunteer coordinator and submitted to Virtual Teams Coordinator.
- Team members will earn 20 points for each USEA Area IV Young Rider Clinic attended as rider, 5 points for each attended as auditor. Team members will earn 10 points for each non Young Rider Clinic attended as rider and 2 points for auditing non Young Rider clinics. Each team member will earn 50 points for attending Young Rider Camp.
- Team members will earn 5 points for each $100 earned in sponsorships and donations for the Area IV Young Riders Program. Submit sponsorship form and donations earned to the Virtual Teams Coordinator.
- Team members will earn 1 point for each @areaivyoungriders #virtualteams #teamname Instagram or SnapChat post to your story promoting your team and the Area IV Young Riders program. Limit 5 per team member per week.
- Points Submission Form
All competition results, volunteer hours, donations and sponsorships must be received by the Virtual Teams Coordinator no later than November 1st, 2017. Forms may be mailed or emailed. Team members are encouraged to submit points monthly throughout the season.
YR Area IV Virtual Teams Coordinator
5526 Hwy M Miller, MO 65707