Area IV Young Rider Virtual Teams
Purpose: To promote camaraderie among Area IV youth , to encourage the next generation to develop the habit of contributing to our sport through volunteer efforts and to encourage continuing education by providing our youth the opportunity to earn Year End Awards through combined competition, volunteer, fundraising, marketing and educational avenues.
Method: Teams of 4 Young Riders will earn points throughout the 2018 competition season through volunteer efforts, competition results, fundraising, instructional clinics and social media marketing. Teams are randomly drawn prior to the first Area IV USEA recognized event and will be published.
Please email Cynthia Wiseman at email@example.com to join a Virtual Team
Team entries close May 1st, 2018
2017 Virtual Teams Scoring- Please note, scoring will be revised for the 2018 season.
- In addition to the approved volunteer hours described above; each Team member must complete at least 3 USEA recognized horse trials OR volunteer an additional 12 hours at an Area IV horse trial or Area IV schooling horse trial to be eligible for awards.
- Each team member is required to submit their USEA recognized competition results directly to the Virtual Teams Coordinator.
Each horse/rider combination will earn points based upon the following point system:
1st: 30 2nd:25 3rd: 20 4th: 15 5th: 10 6th: 5
In addition to the points above, each horse/rider will earn 1 point for each horse they finished ahead of in their division.
Example: Finishing 10th of 20 starters earns 10 points.
- Team members will earn 5 points for each volunteer hour provided to a USEA recognized horse trial or USEA Affiliate. Examples include Mid-America Combined Training Association, Queeny Park Equestrian Events, Illinois Dressage and Combined Training Association. Volunteer hour form to be signed by volunteer coordinator and submitted to Virtual Teams Coordinator.
- Team members will earn 20 points for each USEA Area IV Young Rider Clinic attended as rider, 5 points for each attended as auditor. Team members will earn 10 points for each non Young Rider Clinic attended as rider and 2 points for auditing non Young Rider clinics. Each team member will earn 50 points for attending Young Rider Camp.
- Team members will earn 5 points for each $100 earned in sponsorships and donations for the Area IV Young Riders Program. Submit sponsorship form and donations earned to the Virtual Teams Coordinator.
- Team members will earn 1 point for each @areaivyoungriders #virtualteams #teamname Instagram or SnapChat post to your story promoting your team and the Area IV Young Riders program. Limit 5 per team member per week.
- Points Submission Form
All competition results, volunteer hours, donations and sponsorships must be received by the Virtual Teams Coordinator no later than November 1st, 2018. Team members are encouraged to submit points monthly throughout the season.
YR Area IV Virtual Teams Coordinator
5526 Hwy M Miller, MO 65707