Area IV Adult Rider Virtual Teams
Have you ever wondered what it is like to compete on an team? Did you root for Team USA at the World Equestrian Games? Or have you competed at an Adult Rider Team Challenge and had a good time? Then you should join a Virtual Team!
The Adult Rider Virtual Team Competition (VTC) will run from 1/1/18-12/15/18 and allow participants to earn points at all recognized events and at mini events that directly benefit recognized events.
The AR VTC is intended to engage competitor and event volunteers, providing opportunities for Adult Riders to compete for year-end prizes in a fun way. It’s also a great way to meet new Adult Riders across Area IV!
AR VTC teams will be formed before the first event in May, with back reporting available from events earlier in the year. Late teams may be formed after May 11 but will only be eligible to count points earned after their sign-up date.
Please submit all volunteer hours by December 15, 2018. The VTC scorekeeper will announce team placings monthly starting 6/1/18 and prizes will be awarded at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
To create/join a team, please email email@example.com
Team members must be current members of the USEA Adult Rider Program by 5/1/18. You may join the Adult Rider program at USEA’s online services portal: https://services.useventing.com.
- Participants may form their own teams of up to 5 riders or they can email the AR coordinator and they will be added to a team.
- Participants are not required to assemble their own teams.
- Teams will be introduced via email.
- We encourage teams to develop a team identity and hope to see teams engaging at competitions throughout the year!
- Entering an event – 5 points for entering an area IV event, awarded to riders entered on or after Closing Day. Scratches before Closing Day will not receive points.
- Entering and completing an Area IV event – 20 points(inclusive of the 5 points earned with entry)
- Points may only be earned in mounted divisions (i.e., no FEH) with 3 or more starters.
- Placing at an event
◦ First place – 60 points
◦ Second place – 40 points
◦ Third place – 30 points
◦ Fourth place – 25 points
◦ Fifth place – 20 points
◦ Sixth place – 15 points
◦ Seventh place – 10 points
◦ Eighth place – 5 points
NOTE – Riders must sign up with 1 horse at the beginning of the season. Riders must email the Adult Rider Coordinator if they choose to change to a different horse midway through the season. Riders may not return to a horse ridden previously once they change to a new horse.
- Scores for events outside Area IV will use the same placing structure, but the 20 points for entering and completing an event will not be awarded
- Volunteering at an Area IV Event (no more than 100 points per event)
- Half-day (4 hours) – 30 points
- Full-day – 60 points
- Volunteering at an event outside Area IV will also be limited to 100 point per event but the point totals will be 1/2 (15 points for half day, 30 points for a full day)
- Bonus Points
- CCI or CIC – 10 bonus points
- Classic Series- 10 bonus points
- Representing Area IV at the AECs or the National Adult Team Challenge at the AECs – 50 bonus points
- Participating in the Area IV Championships— 50 bonus points
- Team members who volunteer to coordinate or help with coordinating an Adult Rider social – 30 bonus points per party split between team members.
- Virtual team scorekeeper— 100 points
- Low Score Award Coordinator— 30 points
- Participating in Adult Rider Camp— 30 points
- Camp Co-Coordinators— 50 points each
- Area IV Adult Amateur Recognition Coordinator— 30 points
- VTC social media coordinator— 30 points
- If you have ideas for other volunteer roles or to inquire about volunteering for any of the bonus point roles please email the adult rider coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes will be awarded to the top four placing teams. To qualify for a prize you must contribute at least 30 points to your team
Please complete the ENTRY FORM to be on a team for 2018!
Questions? Contact the Adult Rider Coordinator Jessica Smith at email@example.com