Young Rider Program
What is the USEA Young Riders Program?
The Young Rider program is offered through the USEA for riders twenty-one years of age and younger at all levels of riding. The purpose of the program is to encourage our younger members to become involved in the sport of Eventing and continue this involvement into their adult lives. Our organization seeks to promote a love of the sport, as well as an appreciation and understanding of the horse while fostering the wonderful relationship that can develop between horse and rider. Further, involvement in this program helps to instill important moral values, such as responsibility and work ethic, as young riders grow into mature adults.
- Educational clinics and camps with USEA Certified Riding Instructors and Advanced level competitors
- Multiple clinic opportunities with CCI**** competitor and Area IV YR Coach, Allison Springer
- Provide team atmosphere and support system for all levels of eventing
- Year End Awards for Young Rider members
- Virtual Teams Competition
- Adult Rider vs Young Rider Team Challenge
- Represent USEA Area IV at MidSouth Team Challenge
- Represent USEA Area IV at North American Junior & Young Rider Championships
- Social events hosted at USEA Area IV competitions
- Young Rider 2017 Calendar of Activities
How to Join
- Join USEA at www.useventing.com
- Log into the USEA Online Services.
- Choose Young Rider membership from the USEA Online Services
- Young Rider members are required to earn 10 volunteer hours per year at approved Young Rider activities to be eligible for Year End awards, Virtual Team awards, or to be eligible for consideration to represent Area IV at NAJYRC or Midsouth Team competitions. Young Rider members may "purchase" volunteer hours at a rate of $25 donated/raised = 1 volunteer hour. $250 raised = 10 hours of volunteer hours at approved YR activity.
REVISED 10/4/2017: Area IV YR Fundraising requirement reduced to $100 for 2017. To be eligible for Virtual Team Awards or Year End awards riders must earn $100 in donations to the Area IV Young Rider Program .
- Facebook: USEA Area IV Young Riders
- Instagram, SnapChat and Twitter: @USEAAreaIVYR
Area IV Young Rider Coordinators
- Chicagoland- Tisha Teeluck 773-447-6143
- Minnesota- Lianne Burgess 612-889-5033
- Southern Area IV- Cynthia Wiseman 417-880-4567
- Email- email@example.com
Area IV Fundraising Coordinator
- Jaime Alexander
NAJYRC Area IV Team
Area IV Midsouth Teams
2017 Amy Tryon Grant Application
Athletux Young Rider Promotional Pricing
Code of Conduct
2017 NAJC USEF/Area IV Selection Procedures
2017 CICOY Nations Cup USEF/Area IV Selection Procedures
Area IV Young Rider 2016 Final Leaderboard
NAYJRC Area IV Team Candidate Calendar
Midsouth YR Team Application
Young Rider Calendar
October 9, 2017
Cresswood Farm in Barrington Hills, IL welcomes USEA Area IV Young Rider Coach Allison Springer for a two day clinic November 18th-19th, 2017.
Allison Springer is a USEA ICP level 4 instructor. She is a graduate A from Fox River Valley Pony Club and earned her colors from the Fox River Valley Hunt. Allison serves as the President of Eventing Riders Association of North America and has served on the USEA Board of Governors. Learn more about Allison
COST: $300, $250 to Pony Club, RCBH, FRVH.
October 4, 2017
The Area IV Young Riders program is excited to add Allison Springer to our educational arsenal for 2018. Allison has accepted the position as the 2018 Area IV Young Riders Coach.
October 4, 2017
It was announced earlier this year that Area IV Young Riders would be required to fundraise $250 or earn 10 hours of volunteers hours at approved YR activities to be eligible for Year End Awards and Virtual Team Awards in 2017. Due to scheduling conflicts, coaching changes, and low participation, we have been unable to provide any Young Rider Approved volunteer activities in 2017. With this in mind, the 2017 Area IV Young Rider fundraising requirement has been reduced to $100. If you have ideas on hosting a YR Approved Volunteer Activity to fundraise, p
Area IV Young Riders Chosen to Compete at Midsouth
October 4, 2017
Congratulations to Ceara Mulvey, Kristine Burgess, Zoe Schroeder, and Gabrielle Yashinsky who were chosen to represent the USEA Area IV Young Riders at Training Level at the Hagyard Midsouth Team Challenge.
(c) 2013 USEA, Inc, Area IV - firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, submissions etc. for this website.