Area IV Young Rider Program
The Young Rider program is offered through the USEA for riders twenty-one years of age and younger at all levels of riding. The purpose of the program is to encourage our younger members to become involved in the sport of Eventing and continue this involvement into their adult lives. Our organization seeks to promote a love of the sport, as well as an appreciation and understanding of the horse while fostering the wonderful relationship that can develop between horse and rider. Further, involvement in this program helps to instill important moral values, such as responsibility and work ethic, as young riders grow into mature adults.
The Young Rider program is essentially divided into two groups; the Young Rider Advancement Program (YRAP) and the North American Youth Championships (NAYC). Each group receives the same benefits of membership including reduced clinic rates at Young Rider sponsored activities, eligibility for Young Rider awards, Virtual Teams competition, Young Rider vs Adult Rider Team Competition, social activities and the opportunity to represent Area IV at team competitions.
Young Rider Advancement Program
The Young Rider Advancement Program (YRAP) is designed to present lower level young riders with a structured developmental process that will provide the education and skills they need to progress through the levels, and eventually into the ranks of the NAYRC if they are interested in pursuing that competitive goal.
The YRAP is intended to provide the average young rider with the vital steps of a developmental process from the earliest levels of competition. This program focuses on those riders from the starter novice through preliminary levels, prior to their ascension into the ranks of the NAYC developmental program. The YRAP encompass a variety of clinics, camps, and educational activities which provide the educational development necessary for a young rider's progression into the NAYC program, eventual recognition by the National Governing Body developmental programs, and their ultimate ascension into international ranks if they are so inclined. While many young riders never endeavor to progress this far in their riding careers, the steps will nevertheless be in place for them to accomplish whatever competitive goals they may have.
Area IV Young Rider Member Benefits
- Educational clinics and camps with USEA Certified Riding Instructors and Advanced level competitors
- Multiple clinic opportunities with CCI**** competitor and Area IV YR Coach, Allison Springer
- Provide team atmosphere and support system for all levels of eventing
- Year End Awards for Young Rider members
- Virtual Teams Competition
- Adult Rider & Young Rider Team Challenge
- Represent USEA Area IV at MidSouth Team Challenge
- Represent USEA Area IV at North American Youth Championships
- Social events hosted at USEA Area IV competitions
- Facebook: USEA Area IV Young Riders
- Instagram, SnapChat and Twitter: @USEAAreaIVYR